Dear MRED Customers:
As you may recall, MRED filed a registration and paid the registration fee in June 2015 to serve as the DMCA takedown agent for all of MRED's customers. We did this as a courtesy, to make it easier for you to take advantage of the DMCA safe harbor that may provide protection from copyright liability for information uploaded to your websites by third parties, or information to which your website hyperlinks.
The time has come to renew the designation of MRED as the DMCA takedown agent for our customers. Under new U.S. Copyright Office regulations, however, MRED is not readily able to do this again on your behalf. Instead, each of you (or your company) must complete a separate registration online and pay a small ($6) fee.
It is to your benefit to file your electronic designation of agent as soon as possible so that MRED may continue to offer you the administrative benefit of a shared takedown agent.
PLEASE NOTE: Before proceeding further, please confirm with your brokerage that this service is not being provided to you by your company.
To take advantage of this benefit, please file a designation of agent using the new electronic filing system, please follow these instructions, which take about 10 minutes to complete:
- Create a registration account using the following link: https://dmca.copyright.gov/osp/p1.html
- Once your account has been activated, please log in and click "Add Service Provider"
- Add your business's name in the Service Provider information, as well as the address, telephone number, and email
- If your business has multiple websites, operates under any aliases, or is known to the public by any other name, add those names to the "Alternate names" field
- For your designated agent, please use the below information to designate MRED as your DMCA takedown agent:
- Agent Name: Midwest Real Estate Data, LLC (MRED)
- Organization: Midwest Real Estate Data, LLC
- Address: 2443 Warrenville Road, Suite 600, Lisle, Illinois 60532
- Phone Number: 630-955-0011
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your payment information, and complete your registration. You may want to return to the registration site approximately 24 hours after payment has been submitted to confirm that your designation is active.
- Confirm that the DMCA notice on your website(s) properly identifies MRED as the takedown agent, with MRED's address and email@example.com included in the notice.
If you have any questions about the above instructions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org