MRED's Tuesday Tip Sheet
for January 29, 2013
Quick Tips to Help You to a Winning Week!
Hot Tip #1
Get to know all the tools available to you
We sometimes hear an MRED customer say they don't use one of our tools because they don't have time or don't feel they'll use it. That could be a costly mistake:
- How can you gauge the relevance of something unless you investigate it?
- How can you predict that you won't be confronted with the need for that tool?
- Would you want your client or your competition knowing more than you do?
Take the time NOW and study up! MREDLLC.com is THE place to look for information (Products & Resources tab) and Training (the Training tab). It's all complimentary, i.e. FREE!
Hot Tip #2
Attached properties - do you have the correct values for Unit Floor Level (UFL) and room levels?
- If you've listed a one-story condo, and it's on the 30th floor, the UFL is 30 (the UFL being the numeric value for the level the entrance to the unit is on), and the room levels will all be 1.The room levels always pertain to the level within the unit.
- A two story townhouse? Assuming a ground floor entrance, the UFL is 1, but you may have rooms on the second floor, which would be indicated as being on level 2.
Hot Tip #3
Listing Status changes must be entered within 72 hours
A hot button for our Compliance staff currently is the listing agent who does not change the status of the property when a contract has been signed. This is happening quite a bit in distressed property situations.
- Some want to wait until earnest money is deposited
- Some want to wait for the lender's approval (in a short sale)
The accuracy and completeness of data in the MLS is affected when our rules aren't followed. Those of you representing buyers in these types of situations are encouraged to inform us of possible violations so we can get them cleaned up.
Click the "Report Rules Violation" link in the Additional Information menu on the listing, or contact MRED Rules & Regs at rules.regs@MREDLLC.com or 630-955-2755.
Hot Tip #4
Block out Tuesday, June 18th on your calendar
Here's a hint - MREDpalooza. Save the date now, so you won't be disappointed when you miss the Tech Fair event of the year! Much more information to come, so keep your eye on MRED Communications.
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR MANAGING BROKER OR OFFICE MANAGER TO ASCERTAIN IF ANY OF YOUR OFFICE'S POLICIES SUPERCEDE ANY GENERAL RULE OR SUGGESTION COMMUNICATED HEREIN ABOUT THE MLS SYSTEM, OTHER MRED PRODUCTS/SERVICES OR REAL ESTATE IN GENERAL. NOTHING CONTAINED HEREIN IS LEGAL ADVICE.
|MRED LLC 2443 Warrenville Rd, Suite 600, Lisle IL 60532|
|On the WEB: ||